About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Shutter Therapy: How many time per month?


Morning News Headlines
Some may ask, "How times per month should I go for shutter therapy, a phrase normally used by  Robin Wong  or street photography?"

As I am working  during week days, I am only having free time during the weekend if my partner do not have her own plan like shopping or some other event like IT fare, PC fare or MATTA, then I would say that I can go for shutter therapy shooting when I am free.

But that is not the case as my partner and I had made a deal that I can ONLY go to Kuala Lumpur for shutter therapy session twice a month.

How about the time?
Normally I go down to Kuala Lumpur at around 10.00AM via Kelana Jaya LRT Station and arrive at Pasar Seni LRT station around 10.30AM.

Shooting for how long?
Normally I have to walk back to Pasar Seni LRT station at 3.00PM and should reach Paramount Garden LRT Station at 3.30PM for our normal meal.

What are area that I cover during my normal shutter therapy?
1. Petaling Street
2. Pudu - Pudu Bus Station, St. Anthony Church
3. Jalan Masjid India.
4. Jalan TAR
5. Chow Kit Road

Any company?
Normally I am going alone as most of my friends are busy during the weekend.

How about safety?
I trust my instinct in street survival as I have lived in the street of Sibu when I was young.

What to shoot?
Any interesting character on the street that can tell a story.

Any rejection while shooting?
If my subject said, "NO Photo!" I won't shoot him/her but I will be his/her friend and be my chatting partner. Normally in this way, I gain alot of information on the street life. One day you can shoot him/her when he/her ask you for memory sake.
Be generous with your smile and your 'good sign' tumb.

What lens I bring along?
1. AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G - my favorite as it's light and fast.
2. Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC - in case I need a big picture with background.

Most of the time, I carry only my AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G

Waiting

Bus Conductor at work

Sea Master: Heavy Load 

Sometime you can be too near to your subject as in this case of Sea Master: Heavy Load and you have to try your best to fill the frame.


Street Photographer - Chimping


Multi-task
  
Thinking of "XPert Massage"


Promoting


Street Photographer - Chimping


Mobile Street vendor


Photographer calling home

Appreciate your comment.
Thank you.




No comments: