About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Monday, September 10, 2012

A Traveller from Oracle

Saturday is always a special day for me but this particular Saturday I just lost my guts to shoot the subject on the street as I used to be. I feel so dry, no push and no motivation. I am really not in a street shooting condition or mood.
Why?
Maybe I am tired and my mind is not creative and my vision of what to shoot just vapourise in thin air.
Maybe the night before I slept late and my body is a bit tired.

But deep within me still want to do the shutter therapy session. That I would say is passion for what I like to do. The push from within oneself.

Early in the morning, I did my morning prayer as normal but added a special petition which goes like this.

"O God, I am too weak today and yet I want to walk the street. Grant me the grace to meet Robin Wong or anyone that will walk with me. In Jesus name, I ask. Amen."

As we drive from Puncak Alam, I make a new plan with a change in shutter therapy route. Today I will cover Petaling Street, Pudu, Jalan Masjid India, Dataran Merdeka and Tugu Negara.
This means I am deverting from my normal route of Jalan TAR and Chow Kit Road.

As I roamed through Jalan Masjid India, I decided to move on to Dataran Merdeka and there by the road I saw a man looking at the signboard for direction.

I greet him with a simple, "Hi. Where do you want to go?"
He reply with "Masjid India!, I want to go to Masjid India."
I explain to him how to go to Masjid India but deep within me said, "Show him!"

I introduced myself as "John Ragai" and he introduced himself as "Amin Muhammad Ali" with his name card handed over to me. I flip the card...It's a Traveller from Oracle Singapore.
Then I added, "I show you the way to Masjid India."


Amin at his desired destination...Masjid India which he have known via Google. According to him, he is 100% depending on Google Map for the direction as he walked the street of Kuala Lumpur.

What next?
I have shown him Masjid India and I have to move on. Now is the parting time for us.

Before I move on, I informed him that I will continue my walk to Dataran Merdeka and Tugu Negara.
"Can I join you?" he asked.
I answer him with a simple, "Why not? Let's go."
That's how we start our journey to Dataran Merdeka and Tugu Negara in the blazing hot sun.

Amin at his second destination..Dataran Merdeka

As the ATM and PDRM were having Hari Raya celebration at the Dataran Merdeka, we move on to Tugu Negara which is a 10-15 minutes walk.

Amin at the National Monument or Tugu Negara.

Amin at the Gate of the Statue of the Fallen Heroes.


Our last stop is at the Statue of the Fallen Heroes (Tugu Negara)

You may view the rest of the photos in my Flickr's set Amin Muhammad Ali's KL Trip
Along the way, I have a good conversation which covered everything from family to religion and photography. He is a Canon's User. A loving and faithful husband with a lovely child. He works in Oracle Singapore but originated from Bangladesh, India.
A humble man with generous smile.

As I have to be backed to Petaling Jaya at around 3.00PM we have to rush back to the LRT Station and yet we have enough time to get some bites at McDonald near the Masjid Jamek LRT station.

Amin, thank you for the McChicken and I hope we will meet again. Thank you for the walk and I am glad you walk with me. I will treasure those moment and I hope one day I will visit your country.

Peace to all.








No comments: