About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Nikon walks with Olympus - OMD-EM5


In my previous post Nikon walks with Olympus - D7000, all images were taken with Nikon D7000 and its 50mm f/1.8G lens. We continue the journey with the images taken with Olympus OMD-EM5 and its weather sealed kit lens 12-50mm f/3.5-5.6 which also has macro capability.
Based on experience during my previous shutter therapy session, I set my OMD-EM5 as follows:
Exposure Mode: Shutter Priority (previous outing Aperture Priority), Mettering Mode: Matrix, Shutter Speed: 1/200, White Balance: Auto, ISO: Auto, AF-Continuous and let the camera do the rest.
Some Street Photography sifu advise for shutter speed at 1/500 but I think with this lens 1/200 is good enough for me.
Why Shutter Priority(SP) and not Aperture Priority(AP)? Previous outing show that when AP was used, shutter speed can go down below my hand-shake threshold in some area of the street which resulted in a blurr image.
 
Question: Is this shutter speed at 1/200s good enough?
Let's walk with me and see..

In deep thought

Herbal Tea

Stop for second thought

Pushing Up

I LOVE MY

Mouth full

Waah! Your arm so heavy Aah!

The ODD one out

Monkey see, monkey do

Waiting

Give direction to the blind


Full Load

Chess board

Laughter: Expression of joy


Work starts young

Street Discussion

I AM here!!

Mother: What's wrong with her?

Loading up close

Closer: Replace bicycle's tyre

Street Photographers in action

Tourist: Welcome to Kuala Lumpur

Children Act

Waiting for Boarding

Taxi driver: waiting for customer
That is not the end of our journey as this coming Saturday, my friends and I will go for another round of shutter therapy to release our tension mind and tired body.
Hope to see you in the next journey. May you be bless and have a great day.
 
 
 
 

No comments: