About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

25th SIC Anniversary Family Fiesta 2013

As the days come near for the 25th St Ignatius Church (SIC) Anniversary Family Fiesta 2013, I have to make a decision on the gear which I have to take the photograph during this special event. The choice is either Nikon D7000 and lens Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC which I have used during ALL my previous official Church events or company events OR make a change with my new Olympus OM D E-M5 with it's kit lens 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3.

Some of my friends said the OM D E-M5 kit lens is good but not good enough for official assignment. They suggest that I better get 12mm f/2.0 and 45mm f/1.8 for performance in low light and better image quality. I want to have those two awesome lens if I can but my pocket is very shallow and very tight on the budget. Beside I have finished off my 2013 budget for camera and lens.

I am a jungle man and a martial artist. Normally the limitation gives me a push to bring out my best in doing of what I have to do. That's why I opted for the Olympus OM D E-M5. It's a challenge.  In the midst of all these, I have a thought like "If Robin Wong can do it 90%, I can do it 10% is already very good."

The event was great and the shooting was fantastic but when I open the images on my Notebook that Sunday night, I am doomed. ALL the photographs that I have taken during the event were horrible.
I cried out, "Oh My God! I need help."
First thought come to my mind, first thing in the morning I have to contact Robin Wong for console or any help he can give to at least how to make this images look better. I prefer shooting right than editing later. My Church Web Editor will screw me and his confident on this Olympus OMD E-M5 will surely drop as I am promoting this tool to him. I could not sleep that night, worrying of what I have done for being so confident in this new tool.

But when Monday came, I uploaded the same images to my PC and this is what I get which I will share with you. Appreciate your comment on these images for my growth. Beside you may go to my Flickr to view the the Out Of Camera version.

All images taken with Olympus OM D E-M5 and lens 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 and no flash.


 

 

Opening ceremony with releasing of the dove.
 
BEC Tropicana Mother Theresa





 




 








 

 











To be continue in part 2 and I leave off with my SIC web editor Ken Cham with his Nikon D90.
May you have a great evening.

No comments: