About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Holy Spirit, my beloved friend

Today, Saturday the sixth day of the week, May 23rd, 2009 and it had been seven years since I had been first introduced to a new friend, the promise of my Lord Jesus Christ before his Ascension to His Father in Heaven. As the Apostles and Saints believed and trust in the WORD of my Lord Jesus Christ and I also believe and trust in those WORD and it comes to pass. The WORD is the PROMISE as the WORD is the flesh of life.

Before I know Him personally and have a relationship with Him , I knew Him as a far away devine being or my old self used to called Him as Holy Ghost. I am scared of ghost in those days as a young boy in a Catholic Mission School, St. Kevin Primary. What more to say Spirit!

What about Jesus? I knew Jesus just as a character in a story book called HOLY BIBLE. Nothing more than that. Then I went to Kelantan to continue my Secondary and the Ustaz and Ustazah over there teach me more about Prophets especially their Prophet Muhammad and little about Jesus whom they called Isa Al-maseh. My seven years in Kelantan had been wonderful and I knew alot about their religion, ISLAM. At one point, I even thinking of marrying a Kelantanese and have an eye on one particular girl name Siti Zaiton who lives in Lemal, Pasir Mas, Kelantan. She is cute, friendly, caring, beautiful and worthy to be a wife. Her father used to ask me to convey a special message to my father of which I never tell my father about my future in that family. The Kelantanese are wonderful caring people and they have a unique tag "ORANG KITA". Everywhere you go, you are safe as long as you are a Kelantanese because of the "ORANG KITA." (It's a unique brotherhood of Kelantanese.)

Did the Ustazah has ever ask me to convert to Islam?
O Yes! My good friend Ustazah ask me several time to convert to Islam as she considered that I am good in my knowledge of what they had taught me and ready for the next step. I have a major obstacle for the conversion to take place because the thing I ask from them only God can give. Pure of Heart which lead to NO anger, greed, jelousy, envy, aldultery and able to love of all created beings and things without prejudice. I may confess a thousand times to be an ISLAM but only GOD can give me Pure Heart.

My journey continues until I get married but do not have children. Now I thanks God for we have no children, if not I may never search for Him any further. Then my searching start again looking for GOD with a special tag from the Holy Bible, "BLESSED ARE THE PURE IN HEART, FOR THEY SHALL SEE GOD."(Mt 5:8) And I pray for the purity of heart and nothing else, not money and gold or health and good life or wisdom and knowledge or baby just PURE of HEART. I desired IT badly as a husband desire a wife. God is good and he answer my prayer when I convert to a Catholic in the year 2003. My baptism with the water in the Name of the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit is normal but my confirmation of a SEAL of LOVE with the Holy Spirit is special which I and my wife will never forget.

On that particular morning, at 5.30am, March 26th, 2003 during my morning prayer....GOD the Creator of Heaven grant me the privilage to experience the manifestation of the Holy Spirit. My heart was flooded with love and joy, my lips praising my Lord but my words were replaced by an unknown sound which now I knew as a Gift of Tongue. My body were shaking as I could not contained the surge of graces and blessing. My eyes and face covered with tears as I felt of my sinfulness and unworthiness of all these. And in my terribling I ask, "who are you?" He answered me, "I am the One who was with the Prophets of Old, with Mary and Jesus." He said many things but the most important He said, "Repent and come back."
Then I rushed to my wife in the next room and I told her many things but she understand none because I talk gibberish. (Later i knew at that moment I am speaking in tongues). I take a piece of paper and write down but I wrote something like arabic or Hebrew and it's flowing as if I am very good at this written words. My wife is scared and I am full of joy with praises filled my heart.
At noon, my wife contact the elders of the church and told them that I am NOT OK. When I heard my wife mentioned the WORD "Church", my heart explode again with joy and murmur to myself, "I am going home." At the Church, my joy is complete. As I walked in the church, with my hands held high I sing praises at the top of my heart, praising God, my Heavely Father and my Lord Jesus Christ. At last, I have arrived at the HEART that I desired so much. The PURE HEART. I thought I was insane but one thing I realised I am a NEW MAN. My old self is dead and my new self is alive and full of love. What man can not do, GOD can. I knew my brothers still can not accept my new self even after seven years because they prefer my old self who was naif, no confident, easy to be push around, having low self-esteem, hate the church and having a blurr future.

I pray, "May God open their heart to accept me as He mould me to be. In Jesus name, I ask. Amen."

Eversince that day, I can not live a single moment without Him as I felt naked or incomplete without Him. Praise and Glory be to GOD forever and ever for His wonderful deeds.

Last Thursday was the Day of Solemnity of the Ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ into Heaven and on Friday, 22nd May 2009, we started the Novena to the Holy Spirit in preparation for Pentecost Celebration, the Outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

To all who believe in Jesus of Nazareth, who died on the Cross and raise again with a PROMISE of the Holy Spirit, may the same Spirit Holy as promise be with you all. Amen.
*
Come, Holy Spirit,
fill the hearts of Thy faithful
and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love.
*
Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created.
*
And Thou shall renew the face of the earth.

----------------------------------------------------------
Let us sing:
Come, Holy Spirit, I need you.
Come, sweet Spirit, I pray.
Come with your strength and power,
Come in your own gentle way.

No comments: