About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC for Street Photography

This is my 3rd weekend using my new Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II VC LD IF which I have bought for my Church event photography.

I brought it to the street to familarize myself with the lens and give a try on the street. It's wider angle gives me more room to capture bigger scene beside the main subject. As for my normal lens Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G is smaller angle but much lighter.

You need more guts to use 50mm as you have to point directly to your subject whereas with Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II VC LD IF you can aim at something else and yet you still capture your intention target.

But something is missing!!! You do not feel the fun and excitement of the moment. You take the photograph without emotion. Thus I still prefer 50mm with 17-50mm be used when additional details needed to enhance the subject story telling.

Here are some of my shots during the weekend which I captured around Petaling Street and Jalan Masjid India.

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II VC LD IF

Reflection: Seeing is deceiving
Graffiti on the move

Against the Tide

Child's Curiosity

Walk with Confident

Life Crisis
 I felt really sorry for this man of whatever his life crisis maybe.


Collision

If we lost focus in life, we may end up collided with each wants and war begins.


Knees give way
When we get older, the knees seems to be the signal of being old.

Negotiation
And yet some are still going for IT.

Get lost
Some subjects on the street are not happy when you took their picture and show you the sign by their facial expression.

Smile
And yet some subjects just smile at you.

Whatever reaction or facial expression or hand sign that you get on the street, they are part and parcel of being a Street Photographer.

Your respond: Always smile and a big thank you with thumb up.

The Stage
 With wide angle you can set your own stage and let the characters filled in.

She is waiting for me?
I captured this lady because she always smile in my direction as I head for Pasar Seni LRT Station. May she mistaken me of someone else.

Train arrival
When the train arrived, I know it's time to head for home. I have a great time with lots of fun and make a few new friends during this 'Know the Street Session'.
Hope to see you again in my next session. Appreciate your comment. Thank you.

No comments: