About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

KL Photowalk: Pudu Wet Market - March 8th, 2014

As I turned around searching for my friend, Joey Tai's car, I saw as a man waving from inside a car parked at the arrival portion of KL Central. My heart cried with joy and thought, "That must be Joey Tai!" whom I never meet physically. Sure enough and as I approached the car, the man in car beaming with friendly smile wave with his hand invite me to come into his car.

At that moment, I lost my surrounding including the car, I only concentrated on this man like a detective in a movie. Friendly smiles and apprearance, soft tone and commanding voice, his words were straight and selective with no bad words which indicate that he must be a very good example father to his children. Ah! I thought, I have a good new friend here! Further on as we drive towards Pudu, he drives with confident which indicate that he knows this city road like the back of his hands and his driving is skill is superb.
That is abit of my new shooting buddy, Mr. Joey Tai.

How about his shooting? Go to Joey Tai's Facebook and see for yourselves as photograph speaks louder than words.

This is my second time, shooting at Pudu Wet Market and the first was during Olympus Malaysia Photowalk back in December 2013. which was organised by Olympus malaysia and led by Robin Wong and his team. My first outing was more of an event coverage which I loved to do and getting close to subject for portrait shots.

This time around, I will concentrate on capturing the moment in the subject's daily life at the wet market without any posed shot. I may stage some of the shot (the last shot with birds) and let the characters enter into the scene but without stop and pose for me. Lights and perspective will play the major role in my shooting which I believe with give something extra to the photograph but not to ignore the facial expression and the mood of the moment.

Here are some of the images that I took during the photowalk last Saturday, March 8th.

All images taken with Olympus OM-D E-M5 and lens 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 and Joey Tai's lens 17mm f/1.8.


Car Park Ticket Machine

Joey Tan in action for Street Child Portrait

Street Vendor

Expression of a Street Vendor

1. Beauty of Malaysia Street Life: Street Transporter drops his loads. 

2. Beauty of Malaysia Street Life: A pass-by gives a helping hands

Choices

Young Shoppers

Weighing the cuttlefish

Too sleepy to shop

Teamwork

Marketing Cry!

Street Photographer: Shooting street portrait

Street Photographer: Show the photograph to his subject

Something in my eye!

Full scale weighing

Sharpening the tool


Petai choice

Shopping completed: Full hands

Time for a smoke for my photog buddie, Joey Tai

Lunch Time

Street Dentist - Perspective

Pouring water to soak the fishes

Street Fashion Models

Street Photographer blends with the crowd.


Time to fly home
Our next stop will be at the Petaling Street.
See you there.

No comments: