About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Olympus: OM D E-M5 meets OM D E-M1

Early morning of Saturday, September 14th 2013, I was really excited of what to expect during our KL Street Photographers' First Gathering.

Which camera to bring Nikon D7000 or Olympus OM D E-M5? Do I need to bring flash as it is an event? Do they allow me to capture the moment? I just can not sit still when there is an event. What activities they have in store? Street Walk and shoot before and after the gathering?!

In the end, I packed all the tools (2 camera, lens and flash) I have in my camera bag with a bottle of boiled water. Still I prefer 100Plus when I am really thirsty.

I started off with Olympus OM D E-M5 with it's kit lens 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 as that's the only lens I have which I intend to utilize to the fullest. In the future, I may add two more lens for lower lighting condition and longer focal reach.

Let's follow my journey for the day and see who I have met and what I have seen along the way.

All images taken with Olympus OM D E-M5 with Lens 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3


Breakfast with Nasi Dagang which is very famous in the East Coast of West Malaysia.



Start off from Kelana Jaya LRT Station at 9.05AM

104: LRT Front Passenger

Queue from LRT ticket.

The weather looks encouraging.

Act of Charity

Palm Reader


Tyrek and MJ asking for direction.

Tyrek and John

Variety of Hats

I meet Robin Wong for the first time at Petaling Street.
Olympus OM D E-M1: Touch and Try
Thank you, Robin Wong for the opportunity to hold and try the awesome Olympus OM D E-M1 with and Zuiko Digital Four Third Lens 14-35 f/2 SWD. The handling feel is awesome and it's the same feel as my own Nikon D7000 if not better. Though it's a bit heavy due to the awesome lens but the handling is good with perfect balance. Bigger hand's shooters will love this camera.

OM D E-M5 is also good with the grip but without the grip as mine, it's will put too much pressure on your two last fingers after a long walk. Battery Grip is highly recommended if you are shooting long hours with OM D E-M5. If you are tight on budget like me, suffering a bit for the passion is alright.

The look of OM D E-M1: I am falling in love at first sight and touching make it extremely tempting to bring one home.

Upgrade? That's a GAS thought, right?
Practical and budget constraint: Stay with OM D E-M5. Just add two new premium glass and that will be great. Beside it's a tool for photography.
Heavy user and long hours of usage: Go for OM D E-M1. You will love it's solid build, fully weather sealed body and DSLR feel grip. Beside there are improvement in certain areas as compare to OM D E-M5. Please visit Robin Wong's review on OM D E-M1 for better information.

Then Robin and I walk to our meeting place at Colisseum Cafe and Hotel at Jalan TAR.
Checking the Weather

Bitternut Vendor

Ice Transporter

Meet a team of KL Street Photographers

Walk and shoot

Multitask

Extra change

Pinky


Operate a kitten (doll)

Concentrate

Shy

Robin Wong captured her portrait

Smartphone Street Vendor

Reflections

Robin Wong in action for his OM D E-M1 review


The three Masters: Raja Indra Putra, Robin Wong and Rees

Communication

Waiting for the train

No comments: