About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Good Friday 2011

The sun is blazing hot as we head for St. Ignatius Church, Kelana Jaya.

When we arrived at the Church, the car park were full and Agnes used the same the words on me when ever she can not get the car park.
"Can you pray for the car park?"
I make a short prayer, "God, we need a car park. Thank you."

She drop me at Loong Foong Restaurant and she drives off looking for car park. Later in the church, she informed me that she is very lucky as she managed to parked her car in front of the Mamak Restaurant. According to her, one car came out of the parking lot after she left me.

For those who never have a chance to experience following the Good Friday's procession for Station of the Cross, you may follow my lead.

All images taken with Olympus  mju-T8010

At exactly 1.00PM, we start our Station of the Cross procession with Father Lucas Ng and Father Philip Tan.
First Station: Jesus condemned to death.
 Prayer: O Jesus, so meek and uncomplaining, teach me resignation in trials.

 2nd Station: Jesus carries his Cross. (Kim Ang is holding the cross)
Prayer: My Jesus, this Cross should be mine, not Thine; my sin crucified Thee.

3rd Station: Jesus falls the first time.
Prayer: O Jesus, by this first fall, never let me fall into mortal sin.
 
 
 4th Station: Jesus meets his Mother (Brother Sebastian is holding the Cross)
Prayer: O Jesus, may no human tie, however dear, keep me from following the Road of the Cross
 On bended knees on rough road, the devotees fight the pain on their knees and the blazing sun, just for the love of Christ.
We missed the 5th station as this is the 6th Station:Veronica wipes the face of Jesus.
Prayer: O Jesus! Thou didst imprint Thy sacred features upon Veronica's veil; stamp them also indelibly upon my heart.
 7th Station: The second Fall of Jesus
Prayer: By Thy second fall, preserve me, dear Lord, from relapse into sin.



It's almost finish and I am sweating all over.
 Brother Joseph Yong, the church official photographer with his Nikon D300 taking his best shot of the procession.

"Ops! Is that the right shot?" He wondered.
A brother deep in prayer contemplating on the pain and suffering carrying the Cross.
Brother John, that's me. Wondering..."Am i doing the right thing, Lord,  by sharing this journey with those who visit this blog? Bless them, Lord." While my right hand is busy taking photos.
Brother Ken Cham, our SIC LRSS official photographer is also with his Nikon. He looks very focus on taking the shot on the last station.
14th Station: Jesus laid in the Sepulchre.
Prayer: When I receive Thee into my heart in Holy Communion, O Jesus, make it a fit abiding place for Thy adorable Body. Amen.


After the Station of the Cross, we have a mass then the veneration of the Crucifix. We finished as around 3.30pm and the sky open with rain falls.

Last but not the least, Wish you all a Blessed Easter Sunday.

No comments: