About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

St John of the Cross

Greeting, my Beloved.

St John of the Cross is one of my Hero and most of my Avatar in Facebook games is called JohnCross.
He is one of the Saint JOHN (St. John of the Cross, St John the Baptise, St. John the Apostle, St. John of God) who moved me to take up the name John as my confirmation name.

All of them live in the presence of God and lead by His spirit which I want to imitate and learn from them how it can be done.

December 13th is the Solemnity of St. John of the Cross and i would like to share his Spiritual Canticle.

This is a quote from The Spiritual Canticle


Where have you hidden,
Beloved, and left me moaning?
You fled like the stag
After wounding me;
I went out calling You, and You were gone.

O Word, my Spouse, show me where You are hidden.
The hiding place of the Word of God is as St. John asserts [Jn. 1:18], the bosom of the Father, that is the divine essence.
The Son is the only delight of the Father, Who rests nowhere else, nor is present in any other than in His beloved son. The Word, the Son of God, together with the Father and the Holy Ghost, is hidden by His essence and His presence in the innermost being of the soul. There the good contemplative must seek Him with love.

Oh, then, soul most beautiful among all the creatures, so anxious to know the dwelling place of your Beloved that you may go in quest of Him and be united with Him, now we are telling you that you yourself are His dwelling and His secret chamber and hiding place.

Merry Christmas and Peace to All.

No comments: