About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Olympus Street Photography Walkabout-Petaling Street

Greetings dear friends and I would like to share with you another wonderful day of fun in the street of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Last Saturday, September 6th, I have joined Olympus Street Photography Walkabout-Petaling Street which was organised by Robin Wong, a recognised Malaysian Street Photographer and the event fully backed by Olympus Malaysia. It's being a privilage and really glad to walk and shot with Robin Wong and the awesome Olympus users. I am also glad to see a few familiar faces like Luke Ding, an Admin for KL Street Photographers on Facebook and Flickr and Amir, who is also a KL Street Photographer member. Beside I also meet for the first time my Facebook fiends like Johan Sopiee.

I specially thanks Robin Wong for lending me his M.Zuiko lens 25mm F1.8 which I plan to purchase but I have to get a real feel of it in the street first. Verdict: It's awesome lens for street and meet my shooting style.

On the other note, I am admin for a Flickr group called OMD Street Photographers. Feel free to join the group if you are on Flickr. You also may join KL Street Photographer (Flickr) and KL Street Photographers (Facebook)

I started off my journey from Kelana Jaya LRT Station at 8.33AM where my beloved wife Agnes dropped my off and I thank Robin Wong for arranging this walk to start at 9.00AM instead of his normal time of 8.00AM. I reached at Pasar Seni LRT Station at 8.55AM and made a good rush to Central Market, our meeting place for the event.

Here is our fun and joyful journey through the street of Petaling Street.

All images taken with Olympus OM D E-M5 and lens 25mm f1.8 or otherwise stated.



Luke and Amir

Robin taking out his M.Zuiko 25mm f1.8 for me. 
 From here onward, I am using loaned M.Zuiko 25mm F1.8


Luke 1.28

This is how you do it: Johan and Hisham

Robin Wong gives a hand-on tips.

Robin Wong gives a short briefing on Olympus Malaysia Events and the walkabout.

Luke Ding started shooting

Simone takes his shot.

Squares, Colours and Texture

Gary

Amir in action with reflection in mind.

Leading lines

Chinese Temple: Chimp Time

Street Moment

Rest Time: Johan sitting on the ground.

The Group


Fun Time: Johan Sopiee

Hindu Temple: Female cover up. My first time to this Hindu temple.


Johan Sopiee: Selfie in Hindu temple.

Hindu Temple: Reflection

This is how you do it: Robin Wong

Mandy: Let me try

Johan Sopiee: Sifu and student

Students

Art Filter: Grainy

Art Filter: Grainy - Johan and Hisham

Hisham in action

Portrait time: KuanMing

Heading Home

Darren meets Robin Wong

Robin thanks the participants

Tea time with Hisham, Frankie, Gary and Simone

Continue the walk with Hisham.

To the new friends whom I just met during the walkabout session: You are awesome and wonderful photographers and love to walk and shoot with you again in the future. Forgive me if I am always pointing my camera to you during the event as I can not help it. While on the street I have limited time to shoot and I really utilised it with shooting as much as I can. I just love shooting and I love moments in human daily life that's why I am known as Moment Catcher in Flickr. Some of my interesting shots on Flickr.
On the other note, if everything goes well, I may may have my first Street Exhibition with my group of friends like Mahfuz Jaffar, Agoes Alwie, Wan Zuharuddin, Rosli Natiman, Manap Semenanjung (a painter) and others on Sunday, October 12th, 2014 at Laman Medan Pasar, Kuala Lumpur.

2 comments:

custom writing service reviews said...

Such a cool post! The pictures are all so great and clear. This was the first time reading your post but from now on I will be a regular follower to your post! Great Post!

Jean said...

I get really motivated from reading your articles If I can be able to emulate your style of writing I will be able to deliver college writing services for my school projects