About Me

My photo
PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, Malaysia
Event and Street Photographer who leads by the Spirit of God and loves to capture the moment in life either in door or on the street.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Elly the Henna Artist

Street Photography is my passion and I love to do it as it is the best way for me to know the characters on the street better. Beside I may make new friends in the process or grow my Flickr 100Strangers Project
I want to do street photography weekly if possible. Now I am settle with twice a month.

Who are these character?

Elly


One of these character whom I have met and having a short conversation twice in two weeks is Elly, the street Henna (Inai in Malay) designer.

His humble stall is at Jalan Melayu on the way to Masjid India, Kuala Lumpur.

How to find him?
Look for the images of henna decoration on his stall's wall or look for the man who wear Newcastle United FC Jersey.

Elly waiting for his customer
Elly who is originated from Gombak, Selangor had been in this business for many years and he is specialize in casual, party and wedding henna decoration. If you have any other request, you may ask him and he will give his best to meet your request.

Elly at work
 On the way back from Jalan Masjid India, I saw Elly is busy with his work.


What do you think of his workmanship?


Normally it takes a few minutes to complete one hand decorated and it takes another 30 minutes to get it dry.

How much is the cost?

MYR 5.00 which I consider as cheap based of the uniqueness and quality of his work. He is good at his task and he is really an artist.

How long will the image last?
According to Elly, the image will last for a week. Not bad for a mere MYR 5.00.

If you are interested in doing some temporary decorated images on your hands or feet, you come to his stall at Jalan Melayu, Kuala Lumpur or you may make an appointment with him via his telephone number.

You may personally contact him at 012-329 5167.

Hope to see you again.

Appreciate your comment, please.

Happy Weekend and happy shooting.



No comments: